5 best iOS 13 features you didn’t know about

5 best iOS 13 features you didn’t know about

There are no doubts that there are many amazing features that the new iOS 13 offers. While it seems like everyone is talking only about the dark mode and the new customizable emojis, there are, in fact, tons of other useful features that the new iOS 13 offers. Whether you’ve just upgraded your old iPhone to the new operating system or bought the brand new iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro or iPhone 11 Pro Max, check out this article to discover the best new iPhone 2019 feature’s you should start using right now.

10-beImproved battery charging function

Did you know that charging your phone to 100% every time and keeping it plugged into the charger even though it has already been fully charged can actually harm your phone and reduce the lifespan of the battery? With iOS 13 there’s no need to start panicking – when turned on, the new Optimized Battery Charging feature will allow your phone to be charged only to 80% for most of the night, the remaining 20% will be charged shortly before your alarm is set to wake you up in the morning.

Scan documents on your iPhone using the Files app

Let’s be honest, when was the last time you scanned a document? Probably a while ago, as most of the time taking a picture of the document works well enough. But what about those times when you need to get a high-quality scan of an important document? Well, there’s no need to call your friends and family in search of a scanner – the Files app in your iPhone now allows you to scan documents and save them as PDF files on iCloud.

Voice search on iPhone 11 Pro

iPhone 11 Pro, just like all other devices running on iOS13, now allows you to search using your voice instead of having to type in what you’re searching for. This feature only works on Apple apps for now and all you need to do is open an app, locate the search bar, tap the microphone icon on the right side of the search bar and start speaking!

Keep the location where your photos are taken private

Geotags on photo are incredibly useful, they are a kind of super-accurate modern version of signing the year and location on the back of old photos so you don’t forget that information. But Apple has taken this a bit further and you can now choose whether you want to keep or remove the location of a photo when you’re sharing it with others on social media or through messaging apps. Simply select a photo you’d like to share, tap Options, go to Include and either keep Location selected, or remove the tag.

Control your iPhone or iPad using a mouse

This feature will probably sound bizarre to many, but if your device is running on iOS13, you can actually connect your iPhone or iPad to a wireless mouse or a trackpad and use it to control the device instead of your finger. To set up the feature, connect the two devices, open Settings, go to Accessibility, find Touch, switch on Assistive Touch, and open Pointing Devices to set up how the mouse or the trackpad will work.

Rate this page: 5.00, (1 voters)
Loading...